Trimble Maps Privacy Notice
With Effective Date September 22, 2022.
This Privacy Notice explains how information (the “Data”) about you as a person or as a company (“You or Your”) is collected, used, and disclosed by Trimble Maps, Inc. and Trimble Maps, Limited, collectively Trimble Maps. (“Trimble Maps”). This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect when You use our website, products, standalone and mobile applications, and other online products and web services (collectively, the "Services") or when You otherwise interact with us.
Trimble Maps may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify You by revising the date at the top of the Notice, and in some cases, we may provide You with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage, sending you an email notification, or posting a message within the Services). We encourage You to review the Privacy Notice whenever You access the Services to stay informed about our information practices and the ways You can help protect your privacy.
Our Privacy Notice explains:
- What Data we collect
- Why we collect the Data and how the data is used by Trimble Maps
- How the Data is used by You
- The choices we offer, including how to access, update, and protect Your Data.
- How we use Aggregate Anonymous Data.
This Privacy Notice covers the following Trimble Maps services:
- Content Tools
- CoPilot products: CoPilot GPS, CoPilot Professional, CoPilot Truck
- DR Track
- MAPS Platform
- MileOn by PC*MILER
- PC*MILER Web
- PC*MILER Web Services
1. YOUR ACCOUNT, REGISTRATION
When You first use any of our Services, You may need to create Your personal account by supplying a username, an email address and a password. You may also receive credentials for our Services from your fleet manager. Trimble Maps advises You to keep Your account details confidential and use a password that You do not use elsewhere.
Your account is used to securely store the Data collected by each of our Services and to give You access to the Data stored on the Trimble Maps servers. We will use Your email address to occasionally send information related to our Services or if there are updates You need to be aware of to ensure You can use our Services in a safe, reliable way, without interruption or if there is a legal requirement to contact You.
For all of these, Trimble Maps advises You to do the following:
- Change Your password upon first login
- Keep Your account details confidential
- Use a secure password that You do not use elsewhere
You can delete Your account at any time using the corresponding Trimble Maps product or by logging on to the website. Trimble Maps will not share Your account details with anyone else, unless explicitly and lawfully ordered to do so following due legal process. Your account Data will be retained as long as Your account exists.
2. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
The information You upload to our Services is subject to European data protection laws and is stored in the Amazon Data Centers, also governed by European data protection laws as per the following https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-center/controls/. Trimble Maps' Services apply security methods based on industry standards, including technologies such as pseudo-anonymization, hashing and encryption to protect Your Data against unauthorized access during storage and transmission. Trimble Maps takes reasonable measures to help protect information about You from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We will not provide anyone else with access to Your Data unless You give us Your permission to do so or when we are explicitly and lawfully ordered to do so following due legal process.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about You as follows or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice :
- With authorized vendors, consultants and other service providers, on a need to know basis, who need access to such information to carry out work on Trimble Maps' behalf, and under the same terms and conditions as Trimble Maps;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or due legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe Your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Trimble Maps or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With Your consent or at Your direction, always under the condition that Your Data will be anonymized.
4. PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
When You use one of our Services You may choose to accept product information and marketing communications from Trimble Maps. If You choose to do so, You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or messages from Trimble Maps by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email or by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We may also retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
5. TABLE OF TRIMBLE MAPS SERVICES
|Item Number||Trimble Maps Services||What Data do we Collect?||Why do we collect the Data and how is the Data used by Trimble Maps?||How is the Data used by You?||What are the choices we offer?|
|1||PC*MILER on-premise, PC*MILER Web, CoPilot, FleetPortal, Content Tools, RouteReporter, MapSure, MapExact, Trimble Maps Maps Developer portal, MileOn by PC*MILER, Account Manager, DRTrack, MobileSDK||Email address also referenced as an “Trimble MAPS ID” or “CoPilot ID” or “ID” or “username”.||For confirmation of Your account login, activation and general communication.||Login authentication and communication to Trimble Maps.||At Your request Trimble Maps will delete Your email address except as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.|
|2||PC*MILER on-premise, PC*MILER Web, CoPilot, FleetPortal, Content Tools, RouteReporter, MapSure, MapExact, Trimble Maps Maps Developer portal, MileOn by PC*MILER, Account Manager, DRTrack, MobileSDK||Password||For authentication of Your account activation and login||Login Authentication||At Your request, Trimble Maps will delete Your account, including password.|
|3||PC*MILER Web||Mailing / Billing address||For invoicing and credit card authentication.||At Your request, Trimble Maps will delete Your account, including mailing / billing address except as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.|
|4||CoPilot, PC*MILER on-premise, MobileSDK||Device ID||For account activation and verification||Account Authentication||At Your request Trimble Maps will delete Your Device ID except as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.|
|5||Content Tools, DRTrack||Custom Places with address of facility, site boundary / geofence for facility with entry and exit locations for vehicles.||
To appropriately route the vehicles to proper entrance and use geofence for alerting. Display related information to You.
Anonymized portions are analyzed for Services improvement.
|This feature is optional.|
|6||CoPilot, Account Manager, MobileSDK||Chosen Name||Allows for personalisation in the Services. Example: Display Your chosen name within the Services.||This feature is optional, and it is Your obligation not to use a personally identifiable chosen name.|
|7||Account Manager||Phone Number||Allows for Fleet Administrator to contact drivers||This feature is optional.|
|8||CoPilot, DRTrack||IP Address||To help diagnose and resolve Internet connection issues||At Your request, Trimble Maps will delete Your account, including the IP Address.|
|9||Trimble Maps Websites||Performance Cookies||These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site(s).||You can opt-out of providing analytics here.|
|10||Trimble Maps Websites||Targeting Cookies||Targeting cookies may be set through our site(s) by our advertising partners and used in order to build a profile of Your interests and show You relevant adverts on other site(s). These cookies do not store directly personal information (such as email addresses) and are only used to uniquely identify Your browser and internet device.||If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving You targeted ads, You may opt-out here.|
|11||CoPilot, FleetPortal, RouteReporter, DRTrack, MileOn by PC*MILER, MobileSDK||Truck ID / Vehicle ID||Used to uniquely identify a vehicle to Your company.||Used to search, filter and report route history information for a vehicle in Your company’s fleet and to
facilitate the setting of real-world conditions to calculate route metrics.|
For sharing a planned route between Trimble Maps services
|It is Your company’s obligation not to use a personally identifiable Truck ID.|
|12||CoPilot, FleetPortal, RouteReporter, DRTrack, MileOn by PC*MILER, MobileSDK||Driver ID||Used to uniquely identify a driver to Your company.||Used to search, filter and report route history information for a Driver in Your company’s fleet.|
For sharing a planned route between Trimble Maps services
|It is Your company’s obligation not to use a personally identifiable Driver ID.|
|13||CoPilot, RouteReporter, MileOn by PC*MILER, DRTrack, MobileSDK||Planned Routes||The Planned Route consists locations of the origin, destination and planned route path between the origin and destination and is used for route display.||For viewing Your Planned Routes|
For receiving turn-by-turn navigation instructions
For Hours of Service planning
|Planned Route information is collected if You either trial or subscribe to the Service. At your request, Trimble Maps will delete Your Planned Routes.|
|14||CoPilot, RouteReporter, MileOn by PC*MILER, DRTrack, MobileSDK||Actual Driven Route||"The Actual Driven Route consists of GPS locations at a set frequency for the path driven by You from the origin to destination for a trip. For customers this data is used to display the driven route and compare against the planned route. For Trimble Maps, this data is used for internal business purposes for the improvement and support of the Service. "||For viewing Your Actual Driven Routes.||Actual Driven Route information is collected if You either trial or subscribe to the Service. At your request, Trimble Maps will delete Your actual driven Routes.|
|15||DRTrack, DirectRoute, PC*MILER on-premise||Client ID / User ID||Product Management Decisions: To understand how customers use our products||This feature is optional. At Your request we will disable user behavior tracking|
|16||DRTrack||Orders||Ties a particular customer(*) to the delivery of a good or service. Trimble Maps uses this data to facilitate both planning and actual delivery metrics as well as delivery/delay notifications as well as historical reporting and proof of delivery.||This feature is optional but generally used by most users of our tools.|
|17||DRTrack||In Cab Device ID||Determines which in cab device the driver is using||This feature is optional.|
6. ANONYMOUS DATA COLLECTIONTrimble Maps and its Affiliates may use, process, manipulate, modify, copy, publicly perform and display, compile, and create derivative works (“Aggregate Anonymous Data”) from Your Data and any other data related to the Services, including, but not limited to, using such data for any internal business purpose, and for the improvement, support, and operation of the Services, and/or the development of other products or service capabilities, provided that neither You nor any of Your employees can be identified from the data. Further, all Aggregate Anonymous Data, all service data, usage data, and other data that does not identify You and any data that is derived from You or all data, reports, derivative works, compilations, modifications and other materials created by Trimble Maps from or with use of such data will be, in each case, the sole and exclusive property of Trimble Maps, without any fees and without rights to future royalties payable to You.
7. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT OF 2018 (THE “CCPA”) AS MAY BE AMENDED OVER TIME FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTSFor further information see the Trimble Additional Materials section “CA Residents: Notice at Collection”
Although none of the information noted above is sold, we acknowledge that California consumers have the right to direct us not to sell (as that term is defined under CCPA) your Personal Information covered by CCPA. If you want to exercise your right with Trimble Maps, if any, to opt-out, you may do so here:
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
8. CONTACTING TRIMBLE MAPSFor further information, or for any questions or requests, you may contact us at email@example.com. We also recommend visiting our main Trimble Privacy website at https://www.trimble.com/privacy/.
9. DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT OR TRIMBLE IDWhen you submit a request to delete your Account or Trimble ID, we will process your request according to applicable laws and regulations, except where an exemption applies.
To submit a request please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: a) Subject “Account Deletion”, b) Name and c) Username/Address. You will receive an email response outlining the impact of Account or Trimble ID removal and requesting you provide final confirmation to proceed.
Upon deletion, you will lose access to all of your Trimble products, as well as any data associated with your Account or Trimble ID. This action is permanent and can not be reversed.
Please note that deleting your Account or Trimble ID, does not automatically cancel your Subscription. To cancel your subscription, please follow your store provider cancellation rules.